Sunday, June 6, 2010

JMicron SATA Support

Are you tired of seeing this in System Profiler?


I was, so that’s why I created JMicron36xeSATA.kext and JMicron36xSATA.kext.

Now in System Profiler you will see this if you use JMicron36xeSATA.kext:


Or this if you use JMicron36xSATA.kext:


So what’s the difference other than the name display? When using JMicron36xSATA.kext all drives connected to the JMicron controllers will be displayed on the desktop as internal disks, just like the Intel connected drives. But if you use the JMicron36xeSATA.kext, then they show up on the desktop as external (orange) disks and can be hot swapped.

They are available in iBoot 2.0 and in MultiBeast and are installed in /Extra/Extensions.


For discussions on this and other topics, register today at tonymacx86.com!

6 comments:

tonymacx86 said...

Dude- the Jmicron kexts are awesome work. Thanks for all your efforts my friend.

Anonymous said...

These don't work for me? I'm running P55A-UD3, everything is bada$$ ... except for these (even with the kext installed) still shows up as Unknown!?

MacManx86 said...

Anonymous,

These kexts are for the JMicron/GSATA ports only. The P55A-UD3 also has SATA 3.0 6 Gbps ports using the Marvell 9128 chip. Currently there is no solution for that chip, but I'm working on one.

Dardekeas said...

I think I may be in the same situation as Anonymous. I'm using an Asus P6T-SE, and my System Profiler says "There was an error retrieving SATA information". All of my SATA devices (other than my boot drive) are either maddeningly slow or completely disappear.

FlatFoot on TonyMacX86.com commented that they're not JMicron, but Intel. Is that the same Marvell 9128 chip you were referring to? If not, is there a solution for my board?

Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

Hey MacManx86....Hows the work going on the 9218 Driver??? I would love to setup a virtual raid disk and run it at SataII speeds.

Cheers,

Cal

Unknown said...

What about Sata 3.0 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R?
I'm using SSD Crucial C300 (sata2\sata3) on this motherboard - only 3Gbit...6Gbit dont work - Unknown AHCI Controller.

Post a Comment