Sunday, June 6, 2010

JMicron ATA Support

Are you trying to build a Hackintosh on the cheap? Do you have an old IDE CD/DVD drive or hard drive from your Pentium II rig collecting dust in the closet? Does your motherboard use the JMicron or GSATA IDE controller? Have I got the answer for you.

JMicron36xATA.kext is a 32/64-bit driver for the JMicron 361, 363, 365, 366, 368 and Gigabyte GSATA IDE controllers for supporting that old drive in your shiny new Hackintosh.

It is available in iBoot 2.0 so you can install from an IDE DVD Drive or to an IDE Hard Drive and in MultiBeast for installation to running systems.

For discussions on this and other topics, register today at tonymacx86.com!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
This is great stuff. Thanks a lot. Please pardon my ignorance. But how do we find out what chipset the motherboard uses for its IDE controller. When I boot to Windows 7, the device manager there shows Marvell for IDE controllers. I think I can then assume the IDE controller on my mother board is Marvell. I am using an IDE DVD drive to install over SATA HDD. I used iBoot2.0, but half thr loading of drivers, the installers keeps displaying "waiting for root device". So now how do I proceed on this?
My motherboard is P55A-UD3

Thanks,

Anonymous said...

Mountain Lion has broken the Jmicron ATA support for IDE devices, I have an internal ATA CD-Rom that no longer works (works in 10.7.X).

Post a Comment